Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2018 23:35:47 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   failing to install 11.1R on VMWare

Hi,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD on :
VMWare ESXi, 6.0.0, 5050593

Guest OS: FreeBSD (64-bit)
Compatibility: ESXi 6.0 and later (VM version 11)

For 11.1R I'm getting the boot menu, then:
/boot/kernel/kernel text=014972f8
elf64_loadimage: read failed
can't load file: '/boot/kernel/kernel': input/output error
(for 10.4R similar just with a different address).

SCSI Adapatr for the VM is set to LSI Logic (but I've tried with the
other available options with the same result).

VMWare docs list both 10 and 11 as being compatible with this version
of ESXi.
Any pointers to get through this will be greatly appreciated, I didn't
found anything on the net, and I need a sane system to play with when
I'm getting tired of the ton of Linux distros I'm forced to use.

Tnx,

--
IOnut Tetcu

---