Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:53:23 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>
Cc:        lists@natserv.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re:Honorable ratio of questions vs helping others?

Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com> types:
> 	Also sometimes you reply, and then to your reply you get like
> 20 people saying oops...you fscked up, here is a better way to do it,

I've noticed that people seem a lot more likely to correct an
incorrect answer than answer a question, even though they provide the
same information. Which is why I sometimes provide an answer even when
I'm not positive it'll work - it may prompt someone to provide the
correct answer. In such cases, I always ask the person with the
problem to post the results as well.

	<mike