Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 2009 12:00:57 +0100 (CET)
From:      marinus@northbridgepc.nl
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   pathsetting for OpenSSL-0.9.8i

Hello all,

I'm new in FreeBSD. I just installed FreeBSD 7.0 RELEASE and installed
also Apache22, PHP5, MySQLserver and OpenSSL-0.9.8i, the latest version of
Openssl. I know that the base opensslversion is 0.9.8e during the install
of a freshinstall of FreeBSD.

For so far everything went fine during the installation of Apache22, PHP5,
MySQLserver 5.x.x and OpenSSL 0.9.8i.

in the file rc.conf i wrote the line

---------
named_enable="YES"
linux_enable="YES"
sshd_enable="YES"
mysql_enable="YES"
apache22_enable="YES"
apache22_http_accept_enable="YES"

make.conf
--------
PERL_VER=5.8.8
PERL_VERSION=5.8.8
MAKE_IDEA=YES
WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=YES
NO_BIND=YES

All the installed applicaties are working fine , just OpenSSL is not
working like the newest version 0.9.8i. I still see that that the base
openssl is the default after the giffen command

openssl version 0.9.8e

is see that the old version 0.9.8e is working, but i want to use the newer
version.

for so far i know is that the newer version of OpenSSL-0.9.8i is installed
in /usr/local/bin/openssl
and the old version is installed as default in /usr/bin/openssl

When i look to my phpinfo.php, (i use the apachewebserver 2.2.9.x) i can
see that OpenSSL-0.9.8i is installed and working.

My question to you all is 'how do i configure the newest version on the
right way and wich file do i have to edit to give the right  $PATH setting

for example i have edited the file make.conf and wrote
WITH_OPENSSL_PORT= /usr/local/bin/openssl
but , it didn't helped

what is the right way to configure the latest OpenSSL-0.9.8i version

because i want to use the SSL application for Apache22 SSL, POP3s, IMAPs,
Smtp (postfix with SASL and SSL encryption) for a save connection combined
with Squirrelmail

I'm looking forward to the answers

greetings,
Marinus