Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 05:39:42 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net>
To:        John Kelly <jak@cetlink.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Someone needs to re-develop "Softupdates"

On Mon, Mar 09, 1998 at 02:14:48AM +0000, John Kelly wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Mar 1998 19:11:11 -0600, Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net>
> wrote:
>
> >According to Kirk, if someone wants to use it in a "Production ISP System"
> >(to cite one of his examples) they need to negotiate a license from him.
> >
> >To use a single word Kirk: NO.
>
> >That's nothing short of incredible, if you ask me.
>
> It's amazing how some of the same people who decry commercializing
> FreeBSD with donor control of funding have no objection to Kirk's
> commercial hooks.
>
> Score 1 for the GPL.
>
> --
> Browser war over, Mozilla now free.

I have no problem with HONEST representation of a license or copyright.

I have a SERIOUS problem with a copyright which says "Use this all you want,
but if you embed it in something, you have to give away source to that
something", when that is NOT what the author means.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service