Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2013 10:07:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        Marc Fournier <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 9-STABLE -> NFS -> NetAPP:

Marc Fournier wrote:
> On 2013-02-15, at 7:21 AM, Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca> wrote:
>=20
> >>
> > Righto. Thanks jhb and kib for looking at this.
> >
> > Btw John, PBDRY still gets set for sleeps in the sys/rpc code.
> > However,
> > as far as I can tell, it just sets TDF_SBDRY when it is already set
> > and seems harmless. (Since this code is supposed to be generic and
> > not
> > specific to NFS, maybe it should stay that way?)
> >
> > Also, since PBDRY on the sleeps sets TDF_SBDRY, I think the above
> > patch
> > is ok for stable/9 without your recent head patch.
> >
> > Maybe Marc can test the above patch?
>=20
> 'k, not sure what you want me to 'test', but so far, patch has been
> applied / live for ~21hrs, and no processes in state T =E2=80=A6
>=20
Yes, I meant run it like you normally do and see if the hang occurs
with the patch (or other problems crop up). I suspect you have some
idea of how long it needs to run without a hang before you are convinced
the problem is fixed.

I can't do commits until April, so there is no rush from my point of
view. (I suspect jhb@ will commit it at some point, if/when it appears
to fix the problem and seems correct.)

Thanks for testing it, rick