Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 20:37:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spidey <spidey@libdns.qc.ca>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com>
Subject:   Re: OK, where did rc.local go?

I don't personnaly thinkg that there is a 'right way' to start xdm. You
can start it from /etc/ttys, and it will be restarted if it crashes. You
can also start it from rc.local. It's more a matter of taste than hard
evidence. I like to start it from the ttys...

On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	Just installed 3.1 fromthe CD on a machine that have been runign
> 	2.2-STABLE, with the intint of keeping it on track with -STABLE.
>
> 	So where did the functionaly provied by rc.local go?
>
> 	And whats the "right way" to start the xdm task now?
>
> --
> Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    843-745-3154
> Westvaco
> Charleston SC.
> --
> Windows 98: n.
> 	useless extension to a minor patch release for 32-bit extensions and
> 	a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system
> 	originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor, written by a 2-bit
> 	company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.
> -
> (c) 1999 Stan Brown.  Redistribution via the Microsoft Network is prohibited.

When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I can witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home