Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:22:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Russell Cattelan <cattelan@thebarn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   VM scrambling pages if space is exceeded

<<On Sun, 19 Apr 1998 12:36:11 -0500 (CDT), Russell Cattelan <cattelan@thebarn.com> said:

> This problem has been cropping up with "current" for about the
> last month. The basic problem shows up with daemon processes
> coreing sortly after swap space is maxed out.

I noticed this on my news transit box.  I also noticed that my news
spool files are getting corrupted (with strings of nulls being
inserted at inopportune times).  For the moment it's not too bad (I
think), but I'm dropping those articles, and would rather not be.  (I
just turned off Perl filters to see if that has any effect.)

-GAWollman