Date:      Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:07:48 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mxmoz@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcllib install problem

Sean McNeil wrote:

>I have a -CURRENT/amd64 box that I am trying to install devel/tcllib
>on.  It hangs when it gets to the test for pop3.  At some point,
>however, I had set my DISPLAY variable to do some editing.  If I run
>make with it set I find that I get a window labeled all.tcl that pops
>up.  Closing that window got it past that problem.

Depending on whether DISPLAY is set or not, the test will include Tk
tests (or not).
Pop3 does not depend on DISPLAY, and -- last I checked -- it worked on
amd64.

Now, however, with the newly rebuilt Tcl-8.4 it does, indeed, hang and
my amd64-current box (still works on i386)... Let me see, what I can
figure out. Yours,

    -mi