Date:      Thu, 01 Oct 1998 19:54:28 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Matthias Buelow <mkb@altair.mayn.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, turin@luzifer.mayn.de
Subject:   Re: Compex Linkport ENET-B on 2.2.7/PAO

> Hi folks,
>
> tonight a friend and I have been trying to get a ReadyLINK
> Compex Linkport ENET-B ethernet pccard working on a 2.2.7 system
> with and without PAO, to no avail.
>
> The PAO/2.2.7 sysinstall complains about "unsupported card" after
> it has correctly noticed that something is stuck into slot0.
>
> On the installed system, the problem is similar:
>
> First the card doesn't get recognized by pccardd, since the
> vendor id string doesn't match anything in pccard.conf.
>
> In pccard.conf.sample, there is an entry for the ENET-A type -
> we copied it over and modified the vendor- and card id (ENET-B
> reports "PCMCIA" "Ethernet Card") and hoped that the card would
> work somehow.  However, pccardd always complains with
> "resource allocation failed" when the card is inserted (or pccardd
> started) and the ed0 driver is not being attached.

This error means that the resources specified by the configuration
index you've selected in the pccard.conf entry aren't available.
You should select a different configuration index.  You can locate the
available configuration indexes by working through the output of
'pccardc dumpcis' on a running system.