Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:17:35 -0500
From:      Steven Kreuzer <skreuzer@exit2shell.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for potential ports maintainers

On Feb 27, 2009, at 6:03 AM, Lars Engels wrote:

> Quoting Lars Engels <lme@FreeBSD.org>:
>
>> Quoting Thomas Abthorpe <tabthorpe@freebsd.org>:

>>> This topic came up in IRC, and I was encouraged to go out, and
>>> find some new
>>> maintainers.
>>>
>>> At any given time, approximately 20 - 25% of all ports are
>>> unmaintained. Not
>>> all unmaintained ports need updating, but some do. That is where
>>> you folks
>>> come in.
>>
>> To find out which of your installed ports are unmaintained, I hacked
>> together a little script. Just run it and it will show all currently
>> unmaintained ports that you have installed.
>
> The list ate the attachment, so here it is:
>
> http://bsdpaste.bsdgroup.de/1099
>
> --
> Lars Engels
> E-Mail: lars.engels@0x20.net

You can also pull that list up by searching on freshports.org for
ports with the maintainer set to ports@freebsd.org

http://www.freshports.org/search.php?stype=maintainer&method=match&query=ports%40freebsd.org&num=10&orderby=category&orderbyupdown=asc&search=Search

That search currently returns 4633 ports all waiting for someone to
adopt them

--
Steven Kreuzer
http://www.exit2shell.com/~skreuzer