Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:41:09 -0700 (MST)
From:      John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>, <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why did NetBSD and FreeBSD diverge?

I actually have some responsibility in this, so I guess that all of this
innuendo about me and other shit I've been seeing out of Brett's mouth
should be clarified.  I'm the one who mentioned the killfile in relation
th Brett.  It looked to me as if Jordan was about to do something unwise,
and that was to dump Brett off the lists because Brett was being an
asshole.  I posted a .procmailrc recipe that (in retrospect it wouldn't
have done much: Brett has morphing addresses) would lose the official
flavor of banning Brett, yet still keep sanity.  I did not actually
implement the recipe in my own case, figuring that there's always the
delete key in case of real annoyance.  I have watched as Brett has
lambasted me repeatedly for my public posting of said recipe, and said
nothing, as there is nothing really to say in this case.  I will freely
admit that my action wasn't the most netiquette-friendly, but in my mind
it beat the alternative by a long shot.  Apparently Brett doesn't think
so.  He is more than welcome to his ideas, but he is NOT welcome to his
implication that there was ANY official component to my posting of the
recipe.  The only thing I have to do with the FreeBSD project is I use
it's product about 1/3 of the time (I tri-boot linux, win, and FBSD).  I
find it laughable that Brett seems to think that >I< am more a part of
FreeBSD than he is, since I've only really been using FreeBSD for the
better part of 2 years.  Brett, if you really want to throw innuendo
around, do so with the full knowlege that the person you're playing with
WILL respond in kind from this day forward, and I really doubt that you
want my notice in this case.

--
Armageddon means never having to say you're sorry.