Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 08:29:23 -0700
From:      "Mark G. M. O'Lear" <Mark.Olear@Colorado.EDU>
To:        Maksim Stolyarov <mns@td.lpi.ac.ru>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help! Problem with root shell :(

Type 'cat /etc/fstab'
you will see something like:

/dev/wd0s3b                     none            swap    sw 0 0
/dev/wd0a                       /               ufs     rw 1 1
/dev/wd0s2e                     /usr            ufs     rw 1 1
proc                            /proc           procfs  rw 0 0

find the line with the / in the second column
(/dev/wd0a                       /               ufs     rw 1 1
    in this example)

type 'mount /dev/wd0a /'
(or whatever the first two columns of your line says)
this will re-mount the / partition as rw.
Now you can do whatever you want to do with rw access.

Mark O'Lear
Mark.Olear@Colorado.EDU