Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 14:49:23 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Arne Steinkamm <arne@Steinkamm.COM>
To:        pechter@lakewood.com
Cc:        grog@lemis.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, cah@lakewood.com
Subject:   Re: UUCP (important clarification)

> It comes from the days of 1200 baud news feeds.  There are many of us
> who were looked at as gods because we were the keepers of the newsfeed
> at work and could grant enlightenment to people with home PC's by slipping
> them a feed without the management knowing.
>
> My wife first ran across me while attempting to weasel a feed out of
> Concurrent Computer to her home BBS and 3b2/300.
>
> Them was the good old days.  2400 baud news feeds, contents, no spam.
> Them bits travelled up hill to the news spool both ways at 2400 baud, son.
> And we didn't have none of those graphic screens.  We used rn and B-news
> like you was supposed to. 8-)

After throwing away notes B-News 2.11.19 was one of the most stable
news software I ever saw :-)

I remember the day we sat around a table and looked on the first
2400 baud modem we ever saw...

It was a better time... no spam but many many GOOD news

.//. Arme

--
Arne Steinkamm        | Mail (MIME): Arne@Steinkamm.COM         IRC: Arne
Tel.: +49.89.299.756  | URL: http://WWW.Steinkamm.COM/  NIC-Handle: AS306