Date:      Sat, 2 Aug 2003 04:22:26 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
To:        Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
Subject:   Re: ThinkPads - native savage_drv.o 1.1.27t now available

Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is probably of most interest to T2x Thinkpad owners.
>
> I have compiled a native binary of Tim Roberts' savage_drv.o, against
> XFree86 4.3.0, on 5.1-RELEASE (i386), version 1.1.27t, for your enjoyment.
>
> It may be downloaded here:-
> http://www.incunabulum.com/code/xf43sav-27t-FreeBSD.tgz
>
> Please do let me know if you find this useful or have any problems.

I would like to formally suggest that you should be nominated for sainthood.
I think I just had a religious experience with seeing full screen xv driven
video playing on my T23 for the first time since I've owned it.  It is SOO
beautiful! :)

For the record, I'm running with:
FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #1: Thu Jun 26 04:50:40 PDT 2003
XFree86-4.3.0,1

Everything else, in the few short moments that I've been testing it, appears
to be okay.  The 3d aspects of this don't seem to be doing much.  Tried
viewing some OpenGL screensavers and they're as slow as ever.  Still, and I
really want to stress this point, what you did was a truly wonderful thing!

Later on,
--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is."