Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:31:35 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        lists@swaggi.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SD/MMC (ricoh) reader on Thinkpad T61

In message: <20070918182745.M67370@swaggi.com>
            "Yuri Lukin" <lists@swaggi.com> writes:
: On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:11:08 -0600 (MDT), M. Warner Losh wrote
: > There are two different drivers for SD/MMC right now.  The one that I
: > wrote, which sorbo wrote a driver for the laptop bridges and the one
: > that umemoto-san has written about (authored by gotanda-san).
: > Sorbo's driver works well on Ricoh based bridges, but fails for TI
: > based ones. Gotanda-san's driver has a little more support for TI
: > bridges that he's done in response to my testing.  I still owe him
: > some testing on his driver.  The down side of Gotanda-san's driver
: > is that it doesn't integrate into the sd/mmc infrastructure that's
: > currently in the tree.
: >
: > In other words: I'm working on it but have limited time to make
: > progress.
: >
: > Warner
:
: Thanks for the clarification. Since I have a Ricoh part, then I should expect
: the existing mmc driver that's in the tree already to work, yes?

No.  Sorbo's driver is needed for that.

Warner