Date:      Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:37:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.net>
To:        "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.Org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changing sh for compatibility sake

See my reply to Terry's questions. Pdksh is a better Bourne shell, AKA the
Korn shell (albeit a very good clone). It has SIGNIFICANT feature
improvements, and has a smaller a. space b. memory footprint. It will
improve compatibility with Korn scripts. Imagine /bin/sh being linked to
/bin/ksh. Now there's some _real_ disk space savings. Oh, and if I'm not
mistaken, ksh would allow us to remove -lalias from the boot.flp.

Brian Feldman