Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:46:52 +0300
From:      Sami Halabi <sodynet1@gmail.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Olivier_Cochard=2DLabb=E9?= <olivier@cochard.me>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: forwarding/ipfw/pf evolution (in pps) on -current

Oliver,
Great and impressive job.
If I interpret the plot as is the result say (approximatly of course):
1. Forwarding using ipfw with single rule degrades ~25% the pps.
2. Forwarding with pf however gets ~50%+ of degredation if performance pps.
3. there some point of improved performance (without fw) that went down
again somewhere before Clang got prod.
4. I think that the results don't necessarly can be translated to SMP
versions because of scheduler, affinity issues.

For now i would continue using ipfw :-)

Sami
On Apr 24, 2013 1:45 PM, "Olivier Cochard-Labb=E9" <olivier@cochard.me> wro=
te: