Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:45:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ron Echeverri <rone@B1FF.nas.nasa.gov>
To:        vev@michvhf.com (Vince Vielhaber)
Cc:        ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syslogd and syslog.conf

Vince Vielhaber writes:
  > On Thu, Oct 15, 1998 at 06:34:02PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
  >> It might be good to add a warning to the top of the standard
  >> syslog.conf file if it's not too late, bearing in mind that the
  >> normally recommended editor for new users is ee, which by default
  >> converts tabs to spaces automatically.
  EE doesn't convert existing tabs only new ones unless you tell it not to.
  You can do that from the command line or from the options menu.

Still, if this is ee's default behavior, it's Wrong and it should
probably be changed.  If ee is going to be the easy editor we're
giving newbie admins, it should do the right thing as often as
possible.

rone
--
Ron Echeverri			Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation Facility
DSS/Usenet Administrator	NASA Ames Research Center