Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:21:11 -0300
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alex Teslik <alex@acatysmoof.com>
Cc:        ffmpeg-devel@lists.sourceforge.net, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, steve@sohara.org
Subject:   Re: Ffmpeg for FreeBSD (was: ffserver compile)

Hi,

	First and foremost, GREAT work to everyone involved.
We're getting there. That's the kind of great work that gets things
done. One doesn't have to be a committer to accomplish things. One
developer there, one person to get everyone involved... and we have
it.
	When ffmpeg 0.4.6 comes out, our port will be ready for
commit.

	Now, comes the other side of the work to which is getting
the Booktree drivers committed to the official ffmpeg CVS repository.
So that it is part of the official distribution. We should offer
them full cooperation to help with anything they need to make it
happen.

	As per the customizations necessary to get it working:

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 06:31:30PM -0700, Alex Teslik wrote:

[snip]

	We can have a WITH_DEVICE_NUMBER=NUMBER_OF_YOUR_INPUT
that does the below mentioned.

> You might need to modify patch-libav::grab.c before you build to look
> at the correct input of your bktr device by changing the line:
>
> +    c = METEOR_INPUT_DEV0

> +    c = METEOR_INPUT_DEV1
>
> or whatever number gets your input working.

	And handle this with WITH_NTSC or WITH_PAL. We
just need to pick a default. For now, NTSC will be a good candidate.

> Right now patch-libav::grab.c is also hard-coded to NTSC. You can
> change it to PAL by changing the lines:
>
> +   int format = NTSC         /*NTSC one day*/
> +   int frame_time = 33333   /* PAL time */
>
> to:
>
> +   int format = PAL         /*NTSC one day*/
> +   int frame_time = 40000   /* PAL time */
>
> These times are in microseconds.

	Once again. Great work ppl. Let's keep it going this way.
:) We are getting there.

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer