Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 2002 21:13:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Peter vs adjkerntz vs [most manpages]

I am having a really tough day at trying my damnedest to just RTFM...

Having already given up on "man ___" for X, XFree86, xdm, Xserver, Xinit
and feeling like I was being churned in circles, I decided to try to solve
the problem of my CMOS clock being set to GMT.

(By the way ~ When I run `man 7 X` as instructed from a "SEE ALSO," there
is no entry for it! *baffled looks*)

Can anyone out there honestly make sense of `man 8 tzsetup` ?!

And what is the point of the manpage listing all these other resources?

     /etc/localtime                current time zone file
     /etc/wall_cmos_clock          see adjkerntz(8).
     /usr/share/misc/iso3166       mapping of ISO 3166 territory codes to names
     /usr/share/zoneinfo           directory for zoneinfo files
     /usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab  mapping of timezone file to country and location

Seems to me like manpages have a really bad habit of "hyperlinking" to
several other manpages that hyperlink back to whence you started from!
Now I know how my family's Apple II+ must have felt when we viciously typed
in BASIC for it to "10 GOTO 10."

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder