Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:04:15 -0400
From:      "xenophon\\+freebsd" <xenophon+freebsd@irtnog.org>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD ?

I don't think that's fair to say.  Email/calendaring seems to be the
only connection point between a smartphone and an organization for at
least the current crop of devices (although I'm sure that at some point
soon, you'll be able to include organizational file servers as well).
Even if you're just a SOHO or SMB, you should want to be able to locate
or remotely wipe a device that's stolen, if only to ensure that someone
doesn't have access to potentially sensitive personal information.  Oh
and by the way, not only do the Windows phones feature this, but so do
the iPhones and the Android handsets - so this isn't just Microsoft.

> In this regard I rather prefer the way Apple handles things.
> Shiny wrapper interface to pretty much generic technology. No
> reinvention of the wheel and experiments to see if it can be made
> square.

You can't damn Microsoft for being too proprietary in one paragraph and
then praise Apple for its openness in the next.  Does not compute.

Best wishes,
Matthew=20

--=20
I FIGHT FOR THE USERS