Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:32:47 GMT
From:      zietlow@berbee.com
To:        Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Bara Zani" <bara_zani@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: freebsd as a desktop ?

> Hey,
>
> If you use KDE 2 as your window manager, in combination with StarOffice 6
> (from ports), and both Konqueror and Mozilla 0.9.6 as browsers, xmms to play
> MP3's, I'd say you have a fine desktop environment :-) I use this at the
> office myself. If you want a few screenshots lemme know B-)~
>
> Konqueror does support Java applets, but Mozilla does not yet on FreeBSD.
<snip>

I use kde2 everyday on my laptop for work and it's GREAT I love it. The only
thing I havn't gotten KDE to do that windows does is access my winmodem (and
I'm working on that any suggesions would be helpful on sites for fbsd not linux)
if you want to do it, basically it's in the ports.  I love it for every day use
and it if wasn't for gaming my windows box at the house would be FreeBSD as
well.   Go for it....and also best way to learn the OS is having to use it
every day.

Rob