Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:02:23 +0100
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        Wietse Venema <wietse@porcupine.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "postfix-current" broken on amd64 platform

Hi!

[...]
> Postfix does none of that.

The fbsd postfix-current port during the post-install script does
something which fails on a jail-based build-cluster where the
jail itself has no network connectivity.

See this message for some analysis:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2011-November/071419.html

And this message explains it:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2011-November/071421.html

It says:
----------
It is a purposefully no-networking sandbox jail.
What networking activity postconf wants to run?
----------

> Can someone please explain what socket call is failing, and what
> the reasons for that might be?

The reason is that postconf is called during post-install
and fails because the build jail is without any interface.

> I tend to believe that network-less build environments are not
> representative for the environment where an Internet MTA would run,
> but hey, what do I know.

The build environment seems to be network-less. It's not the
environment where the package will run.

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         9 years to go !