Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 1997 16:59:07 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what magazines do you read?

> I'm used to read Byte, but I'm becoming more and more disappointed
> with it. Byte was different from
> other magazines because it presumed two things:
> 1. readers can at least distinguish a computer from a toaster.
> 2. windows isn't the only OS in the universe.

Byte went irrevokably downhill when Jerry Pournelle became their
apostle of technology review.

Sad to say, most magazines now suck for UNIX users.  It used to be
that UNIX Review was the last resort for the serious UNIX user,
but that is no longer the case given their new emphasis on NT.
I expect the name change to "NT review" to happen any day now.

I guess there's still Dr. Dobb's Journal, though even that is much
less than it used to be.  Erm...  Communications of the ACM maybe?
Scientific American? :-)

					Jordan