Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:08:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      doug <doug@safeport.com>
To:        Robert Suetterlin <robert@mpe.mpg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help: System hangs during boot (if hd connected to promise 100TX2).

You have been very throrough so I only mention this in that you did not,
but did you try boot -c (and then visual) to see if this machine has an
irq confilict in a way the other one does not?

Also I had similiar problems with a Dell PE-300 and got great pointers
from the hardware list. Mobile is another choice.