Date:      Mon, 03 Aug 1998 18:03:05 +0100
From:      "T. Simpson" <t.simpson@swansea.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Solaris 2.6 and FreeBSD NIS (Yellow Pages)

Hi,

I'm trying to get a FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE system to serve
a number of Solaris 2.6 workstations over NIS (YP).  I've
modified the makefile such that UNSECURE='True'.

from the solaris box, 'ypwhich' and 'ypcat' give the
correct results, but won't allow logins claiming 'incorrect
passwords'.  If I SU on the solaris box to a user, then
attempt 'yppasswd user', that too claims an incorrect
password.
			HELP!

--

Tom Simpson.                         (01792) 295651
Dept. of Computer Science,
U W Swansea,
Singleton Park, Swansea. SA2 8PP.

T.Simpson@swan.ac.uk