Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 22:00:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jon@spock.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fe575 (again)

> AFAIK, the PCI specs *REQUIRES* the PCI bus to pre allocate space that the
> attached devices requests.  I don't have access to the PCI spec right now
> (why can't everybody put spec sheets online for free?!) but this should
> apply to the PCI-Cardbus bridge as well.  (If I'm wrong, please correct me)
> In anycase, I might be able to figure out what exactly is the problem if
> you show me your bootup dmesg as well as the output to the following
> comands:

Well, I do'nt really know about the pci spec... but I do know that
bus_alloc_resource is returning NULL, so I guess maybe it's just the fact
That I'm using the ti1225 chip (although netbsd's drivers treat it the
same. as the 1251) I can't give you a boot dmesg or the output to any
commands because I have yet to install FreeBSD. I built my own boot
floppies with your hack, and with the correct things done to the generic
kernel conf file (took out pccard stuff, added your device, changed the
pci id's to detect both my ti1225, and my fe575c, based on the id's in the
netbsd drivers)

> pciconf -r pci0:X:Y 0x10
> pciconf -r pci0:X:Y 0x14
> pciconf -r pci0:X:Y 0x18
> pciconf -w pci0:X:Y 0x10 0xffffffff
> pciconf -r pci0:X:Y 0x10
>
> substitute the correct device numbers for X and Y - you can find that on
> the kernel bootup output when it says something like:
>
> pccbbhack0: <Blah blah> mem blah-blah irq blah on at device X.Y pci0

When it boots up and gives the above messege .. it says
pccbb: Could not map register memory

under your above messege, and doesn't have anything for "mem" but only for
irq and device.

That is really all I can tell you until I either get a 4.1 CD burnt by
someone, or hack the driver enough to make it work :-) (I don't think I
can hack the driver, maybe I gave you enough info?)