Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:10:21 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   subversion authentication via SASL2 using a OpenLDAP backend

Hello.
I just try to authenticate users of our subversion repository via sasl2
against a running OpenLDAP backend (all services running on FreeBSD
8.2-PRE/8.1 and 7.3). After setting up a config file
/usr/local/etc/sasl2/svn.conf containing the following:

pwcheck_method:         auxprop
auxprop_plugin:         ldap
ldapdb_uri:             ldap://ldap.host
ldapdb_mech:            PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 ANONYMOUS EXTERNAL CRAM-MD5 OTP
#ldapdb_rc:              /usr/local/etc/sasl2/ldaprc
ldapdb_startls:         yes
log_level:              7

and a proper olcAuthzRegexp in the cn=config container of OpenLDAP like

uid=([^,]*),cn=realm,cn=plain,cn=auth
uid=$1,ou=users,dc=domain,dc=foo

I never see any attempt of subversion connecting to the OpenLDAP server
via sasl2. I can not even proff whether my setups in the LDAP are
correct or not, since the subversion try of autheticate seems to run
into nowhere. After several tries of importing something (I assume
having set up properly svnserv.conf and authz in the subversion repos
for this specific case) I receive this message on the console:

svn: Authentication error from server: SASL(-13): user not found: no
secret in database
svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:

Besides, I already installed the port
/usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2-ldapdb

but it does not help.

Can anybody give a hint or tip?