Date:      Sat, 05 Jun 1999 08:13:16 +0900
From:      itojun@iijlab.net
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 browser

>> I only know Mozilla which required Motif (not free) and mmm which is not
>> very simple to install ( need ocaml, ocamltk41, tcl, tk, XFree86.3.3.3 )
>Doesn't Mozilla use GTK thesedays?
>> - I'm currently using netscape 4.5 on freebsd 3.1 / XFree -
>> A patch to this browser would be the best for me.
>Not likely :/

	Actually, the easiest way to access IPv6 webpages with your favorite
	(v4-only) browser is to run IPv4/v6-capable web proxy software on
	your host (or some node near your host) and use that for protocol
	translation.
	You can find IPv6-support patch to apache (it has proxy mode) and
	squid on ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/kame/misc/.
	(even if you use IPv4/v6 web proxy, turtle will dance on www.kame.net)

	Recent browsers are very big (Java, JavaScript, SSL and more...),
	and some of them comes with no source code.  It is hard to modify
	such browsers...

itojun