Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:17:50 -0700
From:      "George Shapiro" <gshapiro@pps.k12.or.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   how to set up routing & natd with freebsd 3.1

I believe I have loused up the configuration but here is the situation...

I am trying to use a freebsd machine as a natd/router off of a LAN.  So, I
have
3.1 running on a machine with two interfaces, one going to the outside
world (ignore how for the moment) and one going to a hub with some number
of *NIX & 95
machines.

I have recompiled the kernel with IP divert and fw, and have
gateway_enable=yes.
However, when on the 'routing' machine, I am unable to ping any machine on
the hub.  I think I am missing something on how to set up a machine with
multiple interfaces, i.e. how does the multiple interface machine know
which interface  to use to get to any particular address...

Thanks in advance

gshapiro
techcoordinator
grant hs
portland, oregon, usa.com

/* sorry if this is the wrong way to submit questions */