Date:      Wed, 08 Aug 2001 22:25:32 -0400
From:      Thom Guida <TGuida01@optonline.net>
To:        freeBSD-newbies@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Hello All

By trade I am an IT Recruiter for over 26 yrs., by necessity the untrained,
learned by the
seat of the pants office tech. We use MS Win2K Server & WS. They have been
good for our needs but my increasing paranoia have sent me to the UNIX world
for a possible FreeBSD server w/Samba handling our MS WS applications. I now
have some hands on in both worlds and now know why *nix oriented support
REKs typically pay better than MS ones. I have been lurking in "newbies" and
"mobile" and see the amount of cooperation and problem solving capability as
comfort (as I try to move forward) and testimony to how "bright" and
experienced the contributors are. My hat is off to you all and I hope I have
enough spare time, patience and capability to learn this OS.

Respectfully,

Thom