Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 22:43:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Jeays <jeays@statcan.ca>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Window positioning in 1.1.7

I recently installed jdk1.1.7.V98-11-5.tar.gz, and everything I have tried
so far seems OK, with two exceptions:

AWT applications, and applets run with appletviewer, come up with their
main window positioned incorrectly, with the top left-hand corner maybe 10
or twenty pixels above and left of the screen.  This didn't happen with
1.1.5.  I can move them down manually with the window-manager
(fvwm2). Appletviewer does not take -geometry parameters; if it did,
-g +20+20 would probably solve the problem.

With this version and with earlier ones, I get many messages of the form

Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfActivate
Warning: ... found while parsing '<Key>osfActivate:KeySelect()'

when invoking appletviewer.  Is there a way to get rid of them?  I presume
I am missing a configuration file of some kind?