Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 1995 16:04:05 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Ade Barkah <mbarkah@hemi.com>
To:        andrew@fish.net.au (Andrew Khoo)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TACACS or RADIUS

> Anybody got any info on getting the above functioning on a FreeBSD box?
> At the same time, is there any PPP daemon that will use the same password
> file on a FreeBSD box for authentication?

I have TACACS working here with FreeBSD 2.0.5. Basically the final
way I made it work is to rip out the `alternate password file'
option from the Cisco Tacacs source code, since there were some
missing system calls (setpwfile()...).

As long as using the "same password file" for doing PPP authorization,
I'm not sure that is entirely possible since (in my understanding)
protocols such as CHAP or PAP require plain text passwords instead
of the DES/MD5 crypted passwords stored in the server.

-Ade Barkah
Inet: mbarkah@hemi.com - HEMISPHERE ONLINE - www: <http://hemi.com/>;