Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 00:12:34 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail configuration on FreeBSD - seems more difficult than on Linux . . .

Well, I don't seem to be able to get this right.  I tried the
distribution version (generated by freebsd.mc) and a hacked up
version.  I still can't get mail to send out.

Here is what I am using as freebsd.mc:
(All comment lines are removed for brevity, and I have modified the
SMART_HOST define).
OSTYPE(freebsd4)
DOMAIN(generic)

FEATURE(access_db, `hash -o /etc/mail/access')
FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)
FEATURE(local_lmtp)
FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')
FEATURE(relay_based_on_MX)
FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')

define(`SMART_HOST', `smtp.ne.mediaone.net')
define(`confCW_FILE', `-o /etc/mail/local-host-names')
define(`confMAX_MIME_HEADER_LENGTH', `256/128')
define(`confNO_RCPT_ACTION', `add-to-undisclosed')
define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `authwarnings,noexpn,novrfy')
MAILER(procmail)
MAILER(smtp)

I know this isn't going to get sendmail to deliver to cyrus, but right
now I am more worried about getting mail outgoing.  I can worry about
getting the other side right later.

I have procmail installed with the group and user stickybits set:
# ls -l /usr/local/bin/procmail
-rwsr-sr-x  1 root  mail  66312 Jul 27 22:56 /usr/local/bin/procmail

and deliver:
# ls -l /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver
-rwsr-sr-x  1 cyrus  mail  608260 Jul 21 18:12 /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver

And still I get the same thing - though these wouldn't affect outbound
mail anyway.

Both are installed from the ports (cyrus and procmail) and sendmail is
the FreeBSD dist version - buildworld done 2 days ago on 4.3 STABLE.

Neil, I appreciate your recent suggestions, but I fear they didn't do
the trick.

Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks
Lou

On 07/25/01 03:13 AM, Neil Darlow sat at the `puter and typed:

--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

Zymurgy's Law of Volunteer Labor:
  People are always available for work in the past tense.