Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 2009 08:20:09 +0200
From:      "barbara" <barbara.xxx1975@libero.it>
To:        "rizzo" <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: status of flash9/flash10 support in RELENG_7 ?

> On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 06:42:44PM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > > i see that for 8.x you suggest using fc10, which is also something =
> > > tried on RELENG_7 but had similar symptoms. Is there any known reas=
on
> > > why HEAD and RELENG_7 should be different in terms of linux_base su=
pport ?

> > Here is what is working for me for both Flash9 and Skype:
> > linux_base-f8-8_11
> > nspluginwrapper-1.2.2_2
> > skype-2.0.0.72,1
> > linux-flashplugin-9.0r159:
> >
> > Be sure that your various linux packages are updated to the -f8-
> > versions, too. The upgrade for linux_base is the tricky one.
>
> Unfortunately I think there are many more details that one has
> to consider, such as CPU type and number of cores/threads,
> OS version, and presumably firefox version as well.
> Can you tell me more on the above ?
>
> I had flash9 working once, but it don't remember all the packages
> (and something was stale for sure); it got broken while installing
> skype (a mail thread mentioned an issue with some shared lib version,
> which was exactly the problem i had with skype. The fix was to
> either create a symlink on a library or install linux_base-f10 to fix i=
t).

> An example of the URLs that is giving me problems is the following
>
> http://tv.repubblica.it/copertina/massa-colpito-da-un-detrito/35446?vid=
eo

> (basically all videos from that site cause the same problem). I would b=
> grateful if you cold check it.

The video looks fine here, even if I'm getting a warning about the flash =
version.
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2741/screenshotmassacolpitod.png

I've found that on 7, the better combination for me is linux-flashplugin9=
, linux_base-fc4 and compat.linux.osrelease=3D2.4.2.
On CURRENT, using linux_base-f10, I get much more stuck process, while on=
 7 it barely happens.

Barbara