Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 2013 16:10:11 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   audacious: How to play CD?

How do you play an audio CD with multimedia/audacious?

The audacious-plugins port with default options (including CDAUDIO
on) is installed.  The "Audio CD Plugin" is enabled.  The user
running audacious has read permissions for /dev/cd0.

I put a CD into the drive, click Plugin Services -> Play CD, and
get an error popup "No audio capable CD drive found".  On the TTY
where audacious was started there's also this:

++ WARN: open: Inappropriate ioctl for device

What am I missing?  Is this a configuration issue?  Is the plugin
or libcdio broken?  Is this working for anybody?

What does the audio CD plugin even do?  Is it equivalent to "cdcontrol
play" or does it digitally read the CD and play the ripped data?

(9.2-STABLE amd64)