Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:17:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Damian Sobieralski <dsobiera@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MySQL query tool and Administrator

  I'm running FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE and I am looking for one of my
favorite MySQL tools- mysql-query-tool.  I use this tool extensively on
MS Windows and now that I am migrating over to my BSD workstation I'd
like to continue using it (along with MySQL Administrator) as the other
MySQL GUI tools seem rather lacking (IMO).

 I notice that
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/query-browser/1.1.html

 ..has only Windows and Linux downloads.  So I was thinking- much like
I did with Netbeans 4.0...could I run this in Linux compatability mode?
 However, I am stuck where to go from here.  If I try to dowload the
plain Linux binaries it says it cannot find libpopt (yet my FreeBSD
install has it so I wonder if "Linux mode" needs this "installed" also
but I have no clue how to do this).

 Anyone have any hints on where to start?  I love these tools as they
are right on par with SQL Server's Enterprise manager and I'd like to
continue to use them.

- FreeBSD newbie