Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 2004 07:09:57 -0500
From:      "Fafa Diliha Romanova" <fteg@london.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MAJOR DISFUNCTION! Computer reboots instead of booting FreeBSD!

   Dear all of you,

   My computer (HP Compaq DC7100) refuses to boot to FreeBSD. It enters
   the= MBR, I then select FreeBSD

   in the bootloader and the computer reboots! What kind of behavior is
   thi= s, and why won't it give FreeBSD a chance?

   I'm aware that some UNIX systems need a patch to work on this type of
   co= mputer:

   [1]http://www5.=
   itrc.hp.com/service/patch/wrap.do?pageKey=3Dpatch.jsp.archiveJump&admi
   t= =3D552267591+1103976356811+28353475

   But in my case, what do I need to do? Disabling ACPI in the BIOS
   doesn't= work.

   I'm informed (when I reinsert my S-ATA HD) that if I'm running UNIX, I
   s= hould enable it in the BIOS.

   But guess what? There are no such options. Believe me I've looked.

   Does anybody know what's going on?

   Thanks.

   Dr. Galvin Hobbes @ FTEG
   --=20