Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2007 21:12:03 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Nikola Lecic <nlecic@EUnet.yu>
Cc:        Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 package compile options

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 22:53:20 +0200
Nikola Lecic <nlecic@EUnet.yu> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:48:52 -0500 (CDT)
> "Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org> wrote:
>=20
> > Hello,
> >=20
> > How can I tell if the package that is openoffice.org-2.2.1 has CUPS
> > support compiled in?
> >=20
> > Traditionally, I've built OO.org from source to ensure I have CUPS
> > enabled, but it'll save me a bunch of time if the package is already
> > there.
>=20
> Hello Doug,
>=20
> As you see on
>=20
>   http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=3Dopenoffice.org-2.2.1
>=20
> CUPS (cups-base) is not listed as a dependency.=20
>=20
> Packages are always built with default options you can find in
> files inside the ports tree, without alterations
> from /var/db/ports/*/options, configuration files like
> /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf (for portupgrade), etc. This means
> that OpenOffice package is (at this moment) built without CUPS support
> because, according to what is stated in
> /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2/, CUPS support has to be explicitly
> requested, in which case it will be added as a dependency.
>=20
> Nikola Le=C4=8Di=C4=87

:) nice one Nikola , didnt know that bit of info.

yes,i had to compile OOO myself to get proper cups support...wasnt too hard=
 really.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"They redundantly repeated themselves over and over again incessantly witho=
ut end ad infinitum"
   ibid.

I speak for myself, not my employer. Contents may be hot. Slippery when wet=
. Reading disclaimers makes you go blind. Writing them is worse. You have b=
een Warned.