Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:06:57 +1000
From:      Jared Ring <jared@little-miracles.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Compiling an amd64 and i386 world

Hi, please reprimand me if this was the wrong list to ask on

I have a number of i386 machines, for maintaining them only one tracks
-stable and builds the kernel and world,the others mount /usr/obj and
/usr/src from this host and install from there. This is all described in
the handbook.

Now we have purchased some more machines, and these are amd64
architecture. Is it possible to setup my buildmachine to build both i386
and amd64 worlds/kernels and then configure make.conf on the appropriate
clients so that they install the right one?

Thanks for your time and help in answering this. On this one point, the
handbook doesnt really seem clear. I'd be happy to provide a bit of doco
for the handbook if it really is okay.

Cheers
Jared