Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:35:46 +0900
From:      Rob <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ntpd v4.2 problem

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> This would be "use -g with ntpd and forget about ntpdate."

> --
>
>>>But make sure your clocks are in sink at the start by using date.
>>
>>or add "-g" with the ntpdate_flags, to forcefully adjust time
>>at the very beginning.

Yes, you're right. Thanks for the correctoin and apologies
for my mistake.

A conflict of name resolving arises when running named and
ntpdate using hostnames. At bootup, ntpdate cannot find the
corresponding ip addresses, probably because named has not
been started yet.

Using exclusively ntpd instead, seemed to have solved the
problem. All this, I experienced with 5.3.

Rob