Date:      Sun, 13 Mar 2005 08:21:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Emil Petkov <emil_5kov@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:    =?iso-8859-1?q?=A8quotes=A8_problem?=

I have encountered a strange problem with my keyboard:
When I try to write double quotes using Shift, I get
smaller quotes like these ¨. I checked the ASCII table

and it shows that these smaller quotes are \168 rather

than the normal \34. Some editors treat them as
unknown characters.

I am using freeBSD 5.3 with KDE 3.3.2 and my keyboard
is a generic 105-key one.

If you know how to fix this strange behavior, please
send a note. Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks