Date:      Fri, 02 Mar 2001 02:01:03 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Harkirat Singh <singh@pdx.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-question@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wavelan card & Laptop

In message <Pine.GSO.4.31.0103011215120.6417-100000@freke.odin.pdx.edu> Harkirat Singh writes:
: Did any one had any luck with new card, I am not able to work with it? It
: even does'nt recognize "wicontrol -i wi0".

I'm running one in my 4.2 stable laptop to act as a wireless gateway
for the house (I don't have an access point yet).  They have a
different default ad hoc channel, but other than that they just worked
for me.

Warner