Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 21:08:52 -0400
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
To:        "John Cantu" <Jeian@myrealbox.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: HELP!

	This isn't all that unusual, at least the part about a FAT32 partition
being considered Non-DOS by DOS' fdisk.  98 was the beginning of the
horrendous abhoration called FAT32, and isn't exactly backwards compatible.

	Are you sure the Windows partition is FAT32?  I've not really worked with
mounting such things under FreeBSD, but if it was FAT16 and you mounted it
as FAT32 and wrote to it, you may have really screwed something up there.

	I'm unaware of any way that FreeBSD would mangle a FAT32 partition simply
by mounting it.

--- Andy