Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 18:42:06 +0800
From:      "Alvin Poon" <alvin@staff.csee-transport-hk.com.hk>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PCCARD problems with 4.1-release

As a follow-up, I have managed to configure the PCMCIA slot to interface
with the 3C589D, but am unable to set up the MELCO LPC3-TX.

I am now having a little problems while attempting to fix the MELCO problem.
I've man'd "pccard.conf", but it seems like some of the options specified in
the man pages are not understood by pccardd.  Also, I don't fully understand
how to interface PCMCIA stuff to begin with.

Is there an updated man-page for pccard.conf on 4.1-RELEASE?  Also, is there
any general guidelines to debugging/tweaking PCMCIA devices?  I've tried the
PAO page, but many external links on there are in Japanese, and I have no
'dang' idea what they are saying.

And no, there is nothing in the FreeBSD handbook (last time I checked
anyway).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alvin Poon, System Engineer
CSEE Transport Hong Kong Limited

p.s. the thing that bugs me the most is that the card is described in
/etc/defaults/pccard.conf (and in the PAO list).