Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 2010 00:13:26 +0100
From:      Christof Schulze <christof.schulze@gmx.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   suspend to disk

--nextPart1434020.8VnMdkaJn1

Hello everyone

today I tried whether my samsung q35 laptop would suspend using acpiconf on=
=20
RELENG_8. I was amazed that acpiconf -s3 works out of the box. However=20
acpiconf -s4 does not work which would be the useful side of hibernation fo=
r=20
me.

=46rom the manpage of acpiconf I understand that acpiconf -s4 should store =
the=20
non-cache-parts from ram somewhere on disk. If called the system shuts down=
=20
without writing much on the disk so something is odd there.
I have 2,5 gb of ram and only 800MB of swap space which is labeled correctl=
y.
What do I have to do in order to make suspend to disk work?
Is it possible to compress the contents of the ram like some programs from =
the=20
linuxworld do it (tuxonice)?
Or did I entirely miss some configuration here?=20

Please cc me while replying to this email as I am not on the freebsd-acpi=20
list. I do track -stable though.

kind regards

Christof

=2D-=20
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail=20