Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:45:12 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        bliekp@cable.a2000.nl
Subject:   Re: problem starting sshd

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI

* Pim Bliek <bliekp@cable.a2000.nl> [20010416 13:14]: writing on the subjec=
t 'problem starting sshd'
Pim> Hi
Pim>=20
Pim> Last night I did a CVSup + make world for the first time in my life ;-=
) It=20
Pim> went fine. I also did a CVSup of the ports collection.
Pim>=20
Pim> Everything works fine now, except for sshd. When it tries to start it =
exits=20
Pim> with the following message:
Pim>=20
Pim> sshderror: ConnectionsPerPeriod has been depricated!
Pim>=20
Pim>=20
Pim> Just for completeness, the sequence of events (shortened) on my machin=
e:
Pim>=20
Pim> - installed 4.2 from ISO CD
Pim> - cvsup to latest STABLE
Pim> - make world
Pim> - make installworld
Pim> - reconfigged my kernel using new GENERIC
Pim> - make buildkernel
Pim> - make installkernel
Pim> - reboot
Pim> - everything is fine except sshd.....
Pim>=20
Pim> Anyone?

You did not read the UPDATING process in its entirety. There is
mergemaster that you still need to do. It is a very delicate process so
take care. For the time being, looking at /etc/ssh/ssh_config and
commenting out the line that has ConnectionsPerPeriod will help.
After that then run mergemaster as is instructed in the books.

HTH

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington Wananchi Online Ltd.,
wash@wananchi.com 1st Flr Loita Hse

"Hi, I'm Preston A. Mantis, president of Consumers Retail Law Outlet.
As you can see by my suit and the fact that I have all these books of
equal height on the shelves behind me, I am a trained legal attorney.
Do you have a car or a job?  Do you ever walk around?  If so, you
probably have the makings of an excellent legal case.  Although of
course every case is different, I would definitely say that based on my
experience and training, there's no reason why you shouldn't come out
of this thing with at least a cabin cruiser.

"Remember, at the Preston A. Mantis Consumers Retail Law Outlet, our
motto is:  'It is very difficult to disprove certain kinds of pain.'"
		-- Dave Barry, "Pain and Suffering"

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI--