Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 13:27:49 -0500
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Emacs, XTerm, and the mouse

This may be a repeat, but it doesn't look like it made it out AFAICT.

This isn't a BSD specific question, as I have seen it happen on other
systems. but perhaps someone knows the answer.

When using xterm and emacs (versions don't seem to matter), shortly after
using the mouse in emacs, it becomes broken in currently running xterms:
when I click the mouse in an xterm, I get garbage.  Two characters (the
value seems mouse position dependant), '#', and the same two characters.

The only way to fix is to quit and restart the xterm.

So, what is causing this?  And how do I make it stop happening?  Is there a
better way to fix that restarting the xterm?

Thanks,

+C

--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?  Please read this first:
<http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                  Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com          <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;