Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2006 07:49:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      David LeCount <snailboy1@yahoo.com>
To:        Rod Person <rodperson@adelphia.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with SCSI

Okay, now we're getting somewhere (maybe). Looking in
the CMOS for firewire, I finally found the SCSI
controller setting. I never would have guessed it
would be under PCI configuration. Anyway, I enabled
that, and I disabled firewire, both ethernet ports (I
use wireless anyway), and both SATA channels. I'll
have to enable one of the SATA channels later since I
have a new SATA drive, but for now I want to keep it
as simple as possible. Also, I have the mpt device
built into my kernel, along with scbus and da. Still,
FreeBSD does not list a da device, dmesg doesn't show
anything about mpt, and there is no information
displayed on boot about SCSI drives. It's as if the
SCSI controller is still disabled, even though I
enabled it and saved settings. (I went back into CMOS
to verify it was still enabled.) Know any other
settings that could be disabling it? Thanks.