Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 23:08:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@lakewood.com>
To:        mango@staff.communique.net (Raul Zighelboim)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Well, I guess it's about time I mentioned this little problem ...

> 	- FreeeBSD server was acting as a proxy/socks server running
> either fwtk or nec socks.
> 	- the ppp link was not on the FreeBSD (2.2.2-RELEASE and/or
> 2.1.5-RELEASE), but out of an Ascend pipeline 50.  The FreeBSD box had
> two Etehrnet interfaces, 2 3C509 ISA cards on two isolated networks....
>
> 	I was able to load any page from the FreeBSD server.  But some
> pages on the internal network would just not load.  an example of a
> 'problen page' was http://www.uscourts.gov.
>
> 	Just my 0.05cents on the subject...

I see the exact thing under 2.2.2-Current with Microsoft TCP clients.
However, lowering the mtu to 1024 -- speeds everything up and it works fine.
The FreeBSD box is running a WD8216 and the clients are NE2000's.

Bill
 Bill Pechter | 17 Meredith Drive Tinton Falls, NJ 07724 | 908-389-3592
 pechter@lakewood.com | Save computing history, give an old geek old hardware.
 This msg brought to you by the letters PDP and the number 11.